If you’re looking to take on the added pressure and challenges associated with projects, the techniques of project management for administrative professionals will give you the confidence you need to get the job done.
Whether you’re an administrative assistant, secretary, executive secretary or another member of the administrative support staff, now you can get the skills that spell project management success—scheduling, budgeting and planning. Learn how project management for administrative professionals will help you take a project from conception to completion.
How You Will Benefit
What You Will Cover
- Learn the project management for administrative professionals skills to plan, organize and control projects of any size
- Organize and track all project resources to maximize productivity
- Anticipate problems or solve them as they arise
- Manage time while juggling multiple projects with ongoing daily responsibilities
- Gain the ability to exert influence without authority
Who Should AttendExecutive secretaries and assistants, administrative assistants and administrative support personnel, office managers, sales assistants and any administrative professional who is responsible for projects.
- Defining project management
- Planning and controlling projects
- Meeting project objectives
- Solving project problems
- Managing time and priorities
- Learning from each project
- Coordinating work done by others
- Improving communication skills
- Plan and Control Projects of Any Size Using the Proven Techniques of Successful Project Management
- Focus on Results and Meet Project Objectives and Timetables
- Organize and Track All Project Resources to Maximize Productivity
- Report Progress of Plans to the Satisfaction of Management
- Solve Problems as They Arise and Anticipate Problems Using Simple and Effective Problem-Solving Tools
- Manage Time While Juggling Multiple Projects and Ongoing Daily Responsibilities
- Learn to Use Influence and Clear Communication to Get Cooperation and Coordinate the Work of People Who Do Not Report to You
- Deal with Complexity and Conflicting Demands on Your Time and Talent
- Gain Confidence and Increase Your Responsibility By Validating Your Experience and Skills
What Is Project Management?
- Understand the Definition of “Project”
- Create Problem Statements
- Understand the Difference Between a Project and Ongoing Work
- Be Aware of the Variety of Projects Administrative Professionals Are Asked to Complete
- Understand the Roles and Responsibilities of a Project Manager
- Understand the Basic Project Life Cycle
How Do We Manage Projects?
- Plan and Control Projects
- Meet Project Objectives
- Organize and Track Resources
- Use Basic Project Management Tools
How Do We Work with Others Successfully?
- Use Influence Without Authority
- Recognize and Use Different Communication Styles
- Use Active Assertive Communication
- Communicate Effectively Across Organizational Boundaries
- Organize Effective Project Team Meetings
How Do We Meet Project Challenges?
- Solve Project Problems Effectively
- Avoid Disasters
- Learn from Every Project
How Do We Apply Project Management Knowledge and Plan for the Future?
- Apply Your Learning to New Projects
- Plan Your Progress More Effectively
Executive secretaries and assistants, administrative assistants and administrative support personnel, office managers, sales assistants and any administrative professional who is responsible for projects.Cancellation:
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy. For Classroom, Live Online and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks’ notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee. Programs included in AMA OnDemand offerings are not eligible for substitution, transfer, cancellation, return or refund. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Please call us if you have any questions