The demands of a project leadership role are unique. You must learn how to serve both the needs of your team members with the needs of the project—not an easy task. Project leadership requires a blend of soft skills, such as communication and motivation, along with the bottom-line capabilities of project management.
This workshop will teach you how to master the project leadership skills that can help you build team commitment and create a more predictable project environment.
How You Will Benefit
- Build high-performance teams that can lead projects to successful implementation
- Keep the team on track through team consensus and conflict resolution
- Minimize communication misunderstandings
- Prevent team “break-ups” by using constructive feedback
- Achieve better results through clear, open and honest communication
- Optimize time, money and resources by putting the right people on the right projects
What You Will Cover
- The ins and outs of communications skills
- Team dynamics: what’s unique about project teams
- Conflict management…successful team behaviors
- How to delegate and run effective meetings
- Communicating during project implementation and closure: conveying appreciation…what to do when crisis hits…performance reporting
- Negotiating agreements: a PM’s sources of power
- Achieving commitment and creating project successes
Who Should Attend
Mid- to high-level project and program managers and directors.
Mid- to high-level project and program managers and directors.Cancellation:
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy. For Classroom, Live Online and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks’ notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee. Programs included in AMA OnDemand offerings are not eligible for substitution, transfer, cancellation, return or refund. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Please call us if you have any questions