Navigate HR Issues with AMA’s Crash Course
When you move into a management role, you’ll face many situations where problems can develop that you were never trained to address and that if handled incorrectly can lead to a variety of problems and even lawsuits.
Even seasoned managers have difficulty knowing what to do in increasingly complicated employee situations.
For new managers these problems are even more challenging. Therefore, understanding the basic principles of HR is the most cost effective and easiest way to head off employee relations problems and legal challenges.
As a first-time manager, it’s important to know the employment laws and regulations set by federal, state, and local governments that are most likely to lead to legal liability. This webinar explores key concepts and provides advice covering:
- Steps for effective interviewing and onboarding new employees
- Setting expectations about culture and accountability from day one
- Ways to document employee performance issues, both bad AND good
- Essentials of performance reviews and discipline
- Coaching employees to develop an “achievement mentality” on your team
- Common legal pitfalls that litigation landmines new managers must avoid
- Wisdom from the HR trenches
- How to practice inspirational leadership
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of key Human Resource issues
- Explain the steps to hire and retain employees
- Apply employee performance management measures
- Understand the key legal responsibilities of managers
Who Should Attend
- New supervisors and managers with less than one year of experience
- Aspiring and soon-to-be-promoted managers
- New employees in the HR department
- Struggling managers or those having little or no formal HR training
How Do AMA Webinars Work?
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your home or office without the need for travel costs and time.
BONUS: Paid registrants will also get a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.Cancellation:
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy. For Classroom, Live Online and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks’ notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee. Programs included in AMA OnDemand offerings are not eligible for substitution, transfer, cancellation, return or refund. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Please call us if you have any questions