In this course, students will identify PC components, work with files and folders, and conduct basic software installations. This course will provide students with the fundamental skills and concepts required to maintain, support, and work efficiently with personal computers.
In addition, it covers the essential skills and information needed to set up, configure, maintain, troubleshoot, and perform preventative maintenance of the hardware and software components of a basic personal computer workstation and basic wireless devices. Students will also implement basic security measures and implement basic computer and user support practices.
The ITF+ certification is for individuals considering a career in IT. It is an ideal stepping stone to more advanced certifications such as CompTIA A+, and with specialized experience, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+. With this new version comes the addition of the + to further distinguish ourselves within the marketplace and represent CompTIA quality and standards.
The new ITF+ exam focuses on the knowledge and skills required to identify and explain the basics of computing, IT infrastructure, software development, and database use.
Note: You will receive an exam voucher at the end of class so that you may take the exam at a later date.
CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) validates essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including:
- Identifying and explaining computer components
- Setting up a workstation, including conducting software installations
- Establishing network connectivity
- Identifying compatibility issues and identifying and preventing security risks
- Managing the safety and preventative maintenance of computers
IT novices who need a broad, fundamental understanding of IT and who want to learn the basics of computers, computer software, mobile devices, networking, LANs and WANs, data storage, and how IT infrastructures are monitored and managed.
Ideal candidates include:
- Entry-level and newly hired technical professionals, including PC support, help desk, and networking professionals
- Sales and marketing professionals looking to increase their ability to communicate with technical professionals and increase sales
- Executives who seek better-informed decision making
- Professionals seeking to prepare for the CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ Exam