As HR moves into the twenty-first century, its role is becoming key in developing organizational strategy. As a result, it is crucial for HR professionals to have a working knowledge of other functional areas of the business, so that they can provide the operational and administrative support necessary to attract and retain qualified employees. This course explains how to strategically diagnose the organization and how to plan in HR. It describes how to measure and evaluate HR's contributions to organizational effectiveness. This course prepares HR professionals and management who are preparing for the Human Resource Certification Institute's Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification examination. The content in this course is based on the Strategic Management and the Human Resource Development functional areas of the HR Body of Knowledge recommended by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Due to the rapidly changing nature of the law, information in this course may become outdated.
- Recognize the benefits of being able to offer strategic direction and guidance in an organization
- Match HR activities to the steps in an organizational diagnosis
- Recognize the rationale behind strategic HR planning
- Identify the key elements in a strategic HR planning process and examples of the types of activities involved in each stage of the process
- Identify the benefits of HR audits
- Recognize appropriate HR measurement options in a given scenario
- Identify guidelines for creating and implementing a balanced scorecard
- Identify the benefits that accrue to the organization and HR department by designing and using a balanced scorecard
- Recognize examples of knowledge management making a strategic contribution to HR
- Differentiate between knowledge types
- Recognize how knowledge management is strategically applied by HR
- Recognize how to select and implement a Human Resources Information System to derive strategic benefits in a given scenario
- Identify the strategic benefits of a Human Resources Information System
Human Resource Managers, Leaders and Professionals who are preparing for the Human Resource Certification Institute's Senior Professional in Human Resources certification examination. Compensation and Benefits Analysts, Staffing Managers and Recruitment Consultants will also have interest in this certification path.