recognize how to implement SQL Server 2005 programming features to work with database data
- Snapshot Isolation - recognize how to implement the different levels of isolation and snapshot isolation while working with databases.
- Distributed Transactions with MS DTC - recognize how to access local and external data from SQL Server 2005 by configuring the linked server.
- Exception Handling - recognize how to implement exception handling to overcome the errors that arise during execution.
- Common Table Expressions - recognize how to implement Common Table Expressions in SQL Server 2005.
- Pivot / UnPivot Operators - recognize how to build a crosstab query using the Pivot operator and work with the UnPivot operator.
- Ranking Functions - recognize how to create a partition and generate an ordered array or table within the result set.
- Working with Isolation and Transact-SQL statements - determine how snapshot isolation works, a solution for linked servers, and how to implement T-SQL statements.
Developers who use Microsoft Office SQL Server 2005 and consultants providing consulting services for SQL Server 2005; individuals looking to pass the 70-441 PRO: Designing Database Solutions by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 certification exam and those individuals targeting toward the Microsoft certification: Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Database Developer certification path.