Adobe Illustrator CS3 provides numerous tools and techniques for manipulating objects and transforming your art in exciting ways. Its Layers panel enables you to organize complex artwork into objects, groups and layers, and work with many elements at once, or with a single object in isolation. This course will familiarize you with more advanced object selection and organization techniques, layering, and masking. It shows you how to apply Illustrator's Transform and Blend tools, mesh and envelope options to distort and manipulate objects in dramatic and editable ways. You will also learn how to apply Cutting, Compound, and Pathfinder tools to divide and combine objects into new shapes.
- Recognize how to arrange and manipulate objects in Illustrator CS3
- Recognize object selection techniques in Illustrator CS3
- Recognize how to arrange objects inside a layer in Illustrator CS3
- Recognize the significance of key components of the Layers panel in Illustrator CS3
- Recognize how to create a clipping mask in Illustrator CS3
- Work with objects, groups, and layers in Illustrator CS3
- Recognize how to use the Transform tools to reshape objects in Illustrator CS3
- Recognize how to create a blend between objects in Illustrator CS3, given a scenario
- Recognize how to use the Liquify tools to distort objects in Illustrator CS3
- Recognize how to create an envelope to distort an object in a given scenario
- Recognize the functions of mesh object components in creating and editing a mesh object
- Recognize the results of using cutting commands, Pathfinder effects, and compound shapes
- Reshape, blend, distort, and create compound objects in Illustrator CS3
Graphic designers and IT professionals who want to gain experience using Adobe Illustrator CS3.