E-mail has become the most used communications medium in corporate networks today, with this high usage, comes an ever increasing need to understand the security considerations involved and how the end user can help in making sure E-mail security is maintained. Social networking, and the use of social media websites has added another level of complexity to network security as users are able to open security holes if the wrong type of information is made public. This course examines the ethical use of E-mail, guidelines for using E-mail safely, and how to deal with issues as they arise. This course also examines social networking, social media, the proper use of the Internet at work, and the security issues that can arise from posting or discussing corporate information on social media sites.
- Identify the guidelines for safely using e-mail in a corporate environment
- Recognize how to handle an unsolicited e-mail in the workplace
- Recognize the guidelines for using the Internet and social media safely in a corporate environment
- Determine which e-mail safety guidelines have not been followed, given a scenario
- Determine how to handle an unsafe online activity in the workplace, given a scenario
- Use a social media site safely in the workplace
Everyone in an organization regardless of job role who uses computing devices and the Internet