Adobe Illustrator CS3 allows for the addition of vibrant colors to electronic artwork. Users can now employ numerous Live Color tools and techniques to enhance the color of their Illustrator images with immediate and interactive results. Various brushing styles and tools add elaborate and colorful strokes to existing images. This course introduces color and brush techniques in Illustrator CS3. In this course, you will learn how to add customized colors, as well as complex color gradients and patterns, to fills and strokes in your artwork. You will use Illustrator CS3's Swatch and Color panels, Live Color and Live Paint tools to recolor artwork quickly according to preset harmony rules or customized settings. This course will also introduce Calligraphic, Art, Scatter, and Pattern brushes, demonstrating how to create brushes and apply brush techniques.
- Color artwork using the Color panel and Live Paint in Illustrator CS3
- Recognize the impact of key color concepts on Illustrator CS3 projects
- Recognize how to use the Color Guide and Swatches panels to select and store colors in Illustrator CS3, in a given scenario
- Recognize how to create, save, and apply pattern fills in Illustrator CS3
- Recognize how to create and edit color gradients in Illustrator CS3
- Recognize how to change the colors of Illustrator CS3 artwork, in a given scenario
- Use the Live Color dialog to modify object colors in Illustrator CS3
- Color fills and strokes using Live Color tools in Illustrator CS3, in a given scenario
- Recognize how to customize brushes in Illustrator CS3
- Recognize the characteristics of Art, Scatter, Calligraphic, and Pattern brushes in Illustrator CS3
- Create a Pattern brush in Illustrator CS3
- Work with brushes in Illustrator CS3, in a given scenario
Graphic designers and IT professionals who want to gain experience using Adobe Illustrator CS3.