Principles of Marketing: Distribution Strategy offers the student an overview of the information required to identify types of distribution channels, select appropriate distribution partners, and develop an efficient distribution system. The program details the steps for selecting suitable distribution channel partners, the goals your distribution strategy should achieve, and the process to manage your distribution system effectively.
- Identify the levels of distribution intensity
- Sequence the steps of the channel management process
- Identify the factors to consider when selecting a distribution channel
- Sequence the steps for selecting appropriate distribution channel partners
- Identify the role of logistics in channel strategy
- Identify the components of a physical distribution system
- Select the goals your distribution system strategy should achieve
- Identify types of wholesalers
- Identify characteristics to evaluate when selecting a wholesaler
- Identify types of retailers
- Select issues to consider when developing a retail strategy
Managers, supervisors, and employees who want to learn basic marketing principles in order to influence the marketing goals of their organization. It is recommended that individuals take the first two courses in the series or have equivalent knowledge.