There are many new features for Visual Basic. This course looks at Serialization and I/O functions for .NET Framework, specifically the new classes that implement these functions. This course also covers XML Serialization and Isolated Storage.
- Serialize an object in Visual Basic
- Distinguish between serialization interfaces
- Use the SerializationInfo classes
- Use XMLserialization and deserialization
- Serialize and deserialize an object in binary format
- Serialize and deserialize an object in SOAP format
- Use serialization in a given scenario
- Use the FileStream class
- Distinguish between the most common file handling classes in the System.IO namespace
- Match the classes to examples of their file management tasks
- Implement isolated storage
- Use stream, isolated storage, and file management classes in a given scenario
- Determine how to improve application performance using serialization and I/O.
Employees, Consultants, and Students that are preparing for the Technology Specialist: Microsoft .NET Framework - Application Development Foundation Certification Exam (70-536).