To introduce the concepts of XML web services, publishing, and accessing
- Introduction to .NET web services - describe how web services are used and the technologies used to develop them.
- SOAP in .NET web services - describe the role of SOAP in building web services, the basics of the SOAP protocol, and the structure of a SOAP document.
- WSDL and UDDI in .NET - explain the role of WSDL and UDDI in building web services and be familiar with their usage.
- Basic concepts in designing a .NET web service - design a web service, taking different design considerations into account.
- Advanced concepts in designing a .NET web service - design a .NET web service, taking advanced design considerations into account.
- Security in .NET web services - define and address the various security aspects of building and accessing web services.
- Designing and deploying .NET web services - design and deploy .NET web services.
- Locating and identifying .NET web services - explain the use of UDDI registries and WSDL in creating web-services clients.
- .NET web services data types and protocols - describe the data types, access methods, and protocols used when accessing web services.
- Designing web-service clients using Microsoft .NET - design a web service using Microsoft .NET.
- Accessing a .NET web service - evaluate and analyze web-service parameters and make relevant design decisions about web-service clients.
Application developers wishing to begin using Microsoft .NET to build web services