Lotus Notes 8 is the latest release of IBM's messaging and collaboration software. This desktop client now ships with an updated look and feel which allows users to centrally manage their e-mail, calendar, instant messaging, as well as a host of new productivity tools. This course explores the new features of the user interface, as well as the key enhancements to the core functionality of the Lotus Notes 8. Also discussed are the new editing tools based on the Open Document Format for Office Applications, which allow users to work on spreadsheets, word processing documents and presentations.
- Recognize new capabilities and features of Lotus 8
- Recognize the functions of key components of the Lotus Notes 8 interface
- Recognize how to manage windows and preferences on the Lotus Notes 8 interface
- Work with new Lotus Notes features in a given scenario
- Recognize the appearance and role of new elements in the Lotus Notes 8 mail interface
- Recognize how to employ new mail managing features in Lotus Notes 8
- Recognize new options in Lotus Notes 8 for managing contacts
- Recognize how to use new instant messaging features in Lotus Notes 8
- Use new Notes 8 features to navigate and send messages in a given scenario
- Recognize how to use new Notes 8 features to manage your calendar and plan meetings
- Recognize how to launch productivity tools in Lotus Notes 8
- Recognize key characteristics of productivity tools in Lotus Notes 8
- Use productivity tools and calendar enhancements to manage your work in Lotus Notes 8
Individuals familiar with Lotus Notes 7, and planning to use, Lotus Notes Version 8 for messaging, communication, information services, and collaboration.