To introduce the concepts of XML Web Services, publishing, and accessing web services
- Introduction to .NET web services - identify the technologies that support web services and communication between services and clients.
- SOAP in .NET web services - recognize the role of SOAP in building web services, the basics of the SOAP protocol, and the structure of a SOAP document.
- WSDL, UDDI, and web service protocols - recognize the role of WSDL, UDDI, and web service protocols in building web services.
- Locating and identifying .NET web services - use UDDI registries and WSDL to create web services clients.
- Basic .NET web service design concepts - design a web service, taking different design considerations into account.
- Advanced .NET web service design concepts - design a .NET web service, taking advanced design considerations into account.
- Security in .NET web services - define and address the security aspects of building and accessing web services.
- Designing and deploying .NET web services - design and deploy .NET web services.
Developers proficient in C# with a foundation knowledge of ASP.NET who wish to develop a distrubuted architecture based on web services and clients; candidates for the Microsoft exam 70-320