Oracle Database 12c has introduced a number of new features to their management system to maintain the lead in the industry new trend-setting products. Two of these are the Enterprise Manager Cloud Control and Multitenant Container Databases. Enterprise Manager Cloud Control is designed for cloud computing allowing the Oracle Database 12c to be managed through a complete, pre-integrated, off the shelf private cloud solution. Oracle Multitenant allows Oracle to contain a set of portable schemas, objects, and related structures, which appear as separate databases to an application. The self-contained collection is called a Pluggable database and the multitenant container contains one or more of these PDBs. This course describes the Enterprise Manager Cloud Control and Multitenant Container architectures and demonstrates of to use these two new features, including creating CDP and PDBs using different methods. This course is one in a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the 1Z0-060: Upgrade to Oracle Database 12c certification exam.
- Describe the flow of communication between core Enterprise Manager Cloud Control components
- Recognize how to manage credentials for Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
- Identify the different type of tools Oracle provides for database management
- Describe the multitenant architecture and its components
- Identify how to create a CDB
- Identify how to create a PDB
- Identify the Enterprise Manager Cloud Control and CDB architectures and create CDB and PDBs in a given scenario
Oracle Database Certified Professionals looking to upgrade their certification to Oracle Database 12c and Administrators, Database Administrators, and System Administrators who interested in the technical aspects of Oracle Database 12c and who may be considering upgrading their systems to the newest version.