To use some W3C standards to extend XML
- XML and relational databases - use XML identity constraints to implement relational database-style data integrity.
- XML and SQL - identify the roles of key SQL/XML functions.
- XHTML - recognize how to migrate HTML pages to XHTML.
- SOAP and XML - identify the key XML elements used to construct a SOAP message and SOAP schema.
- WSDL and XML - identify the syntax used to build a WSDL document.
- Creating SOAP messages and WSDL documents - facilitate web services by creating WSDL documents and SOAP messages.
- Encrypting and authenticating XML data - identify the XML Encryption elements used to encrypt data.
- Introduction to XBRL - recognize the structure of an XBRL file and how XBRL is used to process business information.
- Examining an XBRL taxonomy - recognize how the XBRL General Ledger taxonomy is applied to XBRL documents.
Existing application and web developers wishing to attain competency in the use of advanced XML techniques; systems analysts and systems designers needing a thorough knowledge of XML for the development of web-enabled applications.