An Active Directory Domain Services deployment can contain many domain controllers, spread over several different sites. In order to provide efficient logons and highly available directory services for your organization, you need to configure your AD DS sites and replication. This course demonstrates how to configure an AD DS site infrastructure, how to configure, manage and troubleshoot replication between sites and domain controllers. It also explains how to deploy read-only domain controllers and password replication policies. This course is one of a series, which covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services. This exam is a requirement for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2012 certification. Please note this course is based on the original Windows Server 2012 release. Skillsoft recommends visiting the vendor website to confirm exam requirements.
- Describe the characteristics of AD DS replication
- Identify the advantages of using active directory sites in a given scenario
- Sequence the steps in the AD site configuration process
- Manage RODC password replication policy
- Monitor replication in a given scenario
- Create an AD site for a new site
- Create subnets for the new site
- Configure replication between sites
IT Professionals working in a Windows Server datacenter infrastructure based on Windows Server 2008/2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 seeking advanced knowledge of Window Server 2012 services.
This course can be taken in preparation for exam 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services, which is part of the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, or MCSA credential.