Learn The Procedures For How To Conduct An Internal Investigation!
An internal investigation is a formal inquiry to determine if organizational policies and/or laws have been violated.
Investigations commonly are triggered by a complaint, allegation, a suspicion of misconduct, perceived or real harassment, or any number of other reasons, many of which are covered under federal or state laws.
Our Internal Investigations Training & Certification Program gives you the procedures for handling an Internal Investigation - as well as some rules for avoiding complaints to begin with!
This self-paced, online program provides excellent guidance on how to conduct an Internal Investigation, and includes numerous tips, examples, procedural recommendations, and best-practise tips on how to conduct an Internal Investigation.
This course will help you to:
- Understand the root causes of Internal Investigations
- Know the employment laws and required disclosures affecting investigations
- Deal with retaliation, defamation, and privacy issues during the investigation
- Handle and process the Initial Complaint
- Properly gather documentary, physical, and testimonial evidence
- Document and assess witness interviews and statements
- Determine who should - and shouldnŒt - be privy to the investigative details
- Deal with political and other hot spots
- Analyze investigative facts
- Hold the preliminary findings meeting
- Prepare the investigative report
- Conclude your investigation
- Effectively communicate and act upon your determinations
- ...as well as communication, training, and policy tips for avoiding an internal investigation!
And as a special bonus, organizations enrolling three or more individuals also receive our Management Interface at no cost. This interface lets managers view employee progress, test scores, and any incorrectly answered test questions - great for remedial training!
And upon completion of the program, you earn the valued "Certificate In Internal Investigation Skills". Your certificate is available to print immediately and is suitable for framing.
PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits
- Root Causes Of Employee Complaints & Internal Investigations
- Frequently Investigated Areas
- Employment Laws
- Required Disclosures
- Defamation And Privacy
- Handling The Initial Complaint
- Processing The Initial Complaint
- Working With Counsel And Other Outside Professionals
- Gathering Documentary And Physical Evidence
- Gathering Testimonial Evidence
- Documenting Witness Statements
- Assessing Witness Interviews
- Analyzing Investigative Facts
- Holding A Preliminary Findings Meeting
- Preparing An Investigative Report
- Concluding An Investigation
- Communication & Training
- Corporate Policies