Overcome Top Ethical Challenges
Maintaining an ethical law practice is something all attorneys must adhere to, but behind each new client or case is the realization that there could be a hidden "snake in the grass" risking your professional reputation. Knowing the laws, understanding conflicts of interest and planning choice of procedures are all areas that can lead to professional violations. Be proactive and prevent malpractice issues by joining our faculty on ethics procedures and what to do if you think you might be in trouble. Order today!
- Tackle top procedural problems and prevent ethical discipline.
- Be aware of the many avenues where conflicts of interest can creep up in your practice and how to avoid ethical wrongdoing.
- Identify top client communication issues to prevent any ethical oversight that may affect the working relationship.
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: BJ Fadem
- Substantive and Procedural Dilemmas and Problems - and How to Tackle Them!
- When You Should vs. Should Not Refer the Case Out
- Multijurisdictional Practice Challenges
- Planning and Choice of Procedures - Preventing Problems from the Offset
- Top Roadblocks in Ethical Discovery of Facts, Investigation (In and Outside of Litigation)
- Conflicts of Interest Landmines
- Pre-trial, Pre-Hearing Advice: Top Risks
- So You Think You Might be in Trouble . . . Fixing Problems After They Occur
- "Appearance of Impropriety" Quagmire
- Crisis Management and Mitigation Challenges
- Client Communication Dangers
- Should Your Client Still Pay? Discussion on Fees
- Does Forgetfulness Warrant Disciplinary Report?
- Ethical Investigations and Legal Malpractice Claims and Causes of Action
- Recent Disciplinary Board Rulings Update
This program on ethics is geared towards attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit from attending.