Rule Updates, Case Law, Emerging Issues and Best Practices
The world of Medicare Secondary Payer is constantly changing. Not keeping up with those changes can cause you to miss out on opportunities to save money or expose you to damages and malpractice risks. Are your current practices rock-solid? Are you ready for big changes just on the horizon? This program will bring you up to speed with the latest decisions, rules and emerging issues in Medicare Secondary Payer compliance, with a particular focus on Medicare set-asides. Get the knowledge and skills you need to keep clients happy and stay compliant - order today!
- Get up to speed with Medicare set-aside rules, guidance and case law.
- Delve into the latest issues and best practices regarding reimbursement of Medicare Advantage plans.
- Identify Medicare lien and set-aside mistakes other attorneys are making right now so you can avoid them in your own practice.
- Review and implement current MSA best practices into your firm’s policies and procedures.
- Gain practical pointers on handling Medicare liens, and get tips for navigating the latest MSPRP enhancements.
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
- Medicare Set-Asides: Big Changes You Need to Know
10:00 - 11:00, Aaron P. Frederickson
- CMS' Current Objectives and Goals
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for Liability Medicare Set-Asides
- MSAs and Workers Compensation: 2020 Update
- Zero Allocation MSAs
- Recent Medicare Set-Aside Case Law and Pointers
- Medicare Secondary Payer Compliance: Updates, Emerging Issues and Trends
11:15 - 12:15, Aaron P. Frederickson
- New and Emerging Case Law
- New CMS Rules, Initiatives and the Impact on MSP Compliance
- Administrative Changes
- Developments in Medicare Part C and D Recovery
- MAP Enrollment and Medicare Secondary Payer Compliance Issues
- Section 111 - Penalties and Compliance Updates
- Medicaid Recovery Developments
- Top 7 Medicare Lien and MSA Mistakes Being Made Right Now
12:15 - 12:45, Casey Fundarek
- Medicare Set-Asides: Implementing Current Best Practices
1:15 - 3:00, Casey Fundarek
- Knowing When a Medicare Set-Aside is (and is Not) Needed
- Evaluating Future Medical Needs
- What Records CMS Requires and How Medicare Reviews MSAs
- MSA Funding Considerations and Settlement Terms
- Preparing Proposals for CMS (and Getting Them Approved)
- Avoiding Delays and Speeding Up the Approval Process
- Medicare Set-Aside Allocations/Administration
- Sample Documents, Language and Useful Resources
- Conditional Payment Recovery and Navigating the Latest Version of the MSPRP
3:15 - 4:00, Casey Fundarek
- Navigating the Medicare Secondary Recovery Portal and its Latest Enhancements
- Recovery Process Refresher and Best Practices Reminders
- Medicare Conditional Payment/Lien Investigation
- Reporting and Rights and Responsibilities Letter
- Conditional Payment Letter/Conditional Payment Notice
- Submitting Information and Working with the BCRC
- Final Recovery Demand Letters
- Waivers and Appeals
- Sample Forms and Language
- Legal Ethics
4:00 - 5:00, Aaron Frederickson
- Ethical Considerations for Handling Liens and MSAs
- Protecting Your Client's Access to Medicare Benefits
- Improper Use of MSA Funds
- Defense Ethical Issues
This program is designed for attorneys. Insurance professionals and paralegals may also benefit.