Key Steps for Collecting and Authenticating Text and Messenger Evidence in Divorce Cases
Smartphones carry a wealth of information and are the primary means of communication for most of us today. This data is often invaluable in divorce cases. Do you know how to locate, retrieve and authenticate this information? Don't miss this practical instruction and this opportunity to boost your skills - register today!
- Learn what to look for and where to find messaging app evidence.
- Discuss potential ways of retrieving self-deleting app data.
- Explore effective methods of authenticating and analyzing messages essential to your case.
Session time: 2:00 - 3:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: John C. Whitbeck Jr.
- Critical Text/Message Information in Divorce Cases
- Common Messaging Apps to Search - WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and More
- Tools to Help Retrieve Important Messages
- The Complicated Path to Recovering Ephemeral (Self-Destructing) Messages - Snapchat, Confide and More
- Obtaining Information from Other Parties - Who to get it from and Where to Look
- Self-Collection Do's and Don'ts
- Preservation and Spoliation Challenges
- Authenticating Evidence from Apps and Cell Phones
This course is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit from attending.