This course will discuss the effects of cold on your body, outline the risk factors for cold-related ailments, and describe the associated treatments for each. This training will also describe several preventive measure techniques and safe work practices that you can use to protect yourself from cold-related stresses. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements. The course was developed and reviewed with subject matter support provided by certified subject matter experts and industry professionals. Please note, the course materials and content were current with the laws and regulations at the time of the last expert review, however, they may not reflect the most current legal developments. Nothing herein, or in the course materials, shall be construed as professional advice as to any particular situation with respect to compliance with legal statutes or requirements.
- Identify factors that may affect you when working in a cold environment
- Identify signs and symptoms of cold-related stresses
- Identify treatments of cold-related stresses
- Identify precautions commonly used to prevent cold-related disorders
- Identify safe work practices used to reduce cold-related disorders
All personnel that may be required to work outdoors or in artificial cold environments