Get Practical Tools for Solving Top Conflict Issues in Divorce
Divorce is inherently a dissolution of a dysfunctional relationship, so conflict and disputes are nigh inevitable. This practical guide offers you a wide array of solutions to the problems likely to arise during divorce. Help clients obtain equitable outcomes and minimize animosity - order today!
- Identify high-conflict areas of divorce and explore effective negotiation and resolution options.
- Offer your clients more options: compare traditional divorce process to the collaborative divorce and mediation.
- Adopt ADR tools and tactics to divorce-specific issues.
- Improve your settlement agreement drafting and modifying skills.
- Anticipate future problems: learn how to address future challenges in current negotiations.
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM Eastern, Liz Alpert
- Traditional Divorce vs. Collaborative Divorce vs. Mediation
- Mediation Basics
- When is Collaborative Divorce Appropriate?
- Problem Solving Methods Unique to ADR
- Resolving Family Law Conflicts
- Child and Spousal Support
- Custody and Parenting Time
- Property Division Negotiations
- Addressing Future Challenges
- Making Modifications to the Agreement
11:45 AM - 1:15 PM Eastern, Liz Alpert
- Negotiating Tips, Tricks and Strategies to Carry Over From ADR
- Establishing Goals
- Settlement Sticking Points
- Checklist for Items to Cover
- Avoiding Court Intervention
- Applying ADR Tactics to Mental Health and Financial Experts' Discussions
- Drafting, Enforcing and Modifying Settlement Agreements
This legal briefing is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit paralegals.