Avoid Pitfalls with Superior Drafting Techniques
Construction projects carry a lot of risk. Your clients rely on your expertise to ensure they're protected under a favorable and enforceable contract. While each clause should be read carefully, some provisions need your special attention before your client signs. This program will cover nine red flag provisions at the center of construction contract negotiations and litigation. Learn how to strategically safeguard clients from unexpected losses and disputes - register today!
- Create a scope of work provision that leaves no room for misinterpretation down the road.
- Prevent breakdowns with change orders using drafting best practices and practical advice.
- Structure indemnity clauses that mitigate risk and withstand court scrutiny.
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
Presenters: Tracey Pruiett and Shoshana E. Rothman
- Payment and Schedules - Avoiding Disruptions and Payment Disputes
- Scope of Work, Performance Duties and Time - Ensuring They're Clear and Complete
- Flow Down Clauses - Forestalling Issues
- Project Changes and Change Orders - Circumventing Problems
- Differing or Hidden Site Conditions - Minimizing Surprises and Conflicts
- Delays Provision - Tips From Both Perspectives
- Damages Clauses - Liquidated Damages, Waiver of Damages, No Damages for Delay
- Indemnify, Defend, Hold Harmless - Strategically Shifting Risk
- Termination for Convenience - Avoiding Costly Conflict
This program is designed for attorneys. Construction professionals and paralegals may also benefit.