Take a Pulse on the Latest Developments
Reading tea leaves isn't an exact science, but we can tell you exactly where we stand regarding the major shifts taking place in student loan law.
Get a refresher on the current process for pursuing repayment, forgiveness and post-default options. Delve into the 2020 Rosenberg opinion and explore whether the SDNY Bankruptcy Court's decision to discharge student loan debt in bankruptcy is just an outlier or the start of something bigger. Explore recent legislative efforts, presidential proposals, and candidate promises. Whether you practice student loan law, bankruptcy or are still feeling the pressure of your student loan debt - this is one course you don't want to miss. Register today!
- Get a refresher on current avenues for student loan repayment and forgiveness.
- Explore the "undue hardship" standard and recent judicial efforts to make discharging student loan debt in bankruptcy a realistic option.
- Get up to speed on the latest proposed legislation and hot-button issues in student loan law.
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Stanley L. Tate III
- Overview: The Current Landscape
- Primer on Federal vs. Private Loans
- Handling Default, Repayment and Forgiveness
- What's on the Horizon?
- The Rosenberg Case: A New Take on a Tough Standard?
- Proposed Forgiveness and Repayment Legislation
- Presidential and Presidential Candidate Proposals
This course is designed for attorneys. Paralegals and paraprofessionals may also benefit.