Effectively Support or Discredit the Testimony of Medical Providers
Audit trails can provide a wealth of information not found on the face of the EMR: timing of chart entries, access, alterations and more. This information can effectively be used to prove liability or establish the veracity of medical entries, so it's important for you to know what you're doing. In this focused program, seasoned faculty will provide you with valuable guidance on EMR metadata discovery and evidence issues. Leave no stone unturned - order today!
- Find out how the courts are ruling on EMR production issues.
- Learn what to look for, where to find it and what to do with it.
- Prove (or disprove) EMR authenticity using audit trails.
4:00 pm to 5:30 pm Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Farnoosh Faryabi
- Metadata, Audit Trails and Access Logs Explained
- Formats for Audit Trails
- Preservation and Requests for Metadata
- Disclosure Issues and Production of Audit Trails
- Working with Experts
- How to Decipher Audit Trails
- What to Look for: Gems for the Plaintiff and Defendant in Malpractice Actions
- Reliability Issues with EMR Metadata
- Tracking Late Entries, Alterations and Deletions
- Using the Audit Trail to Prove the EMR is Authentic and Accurate
- Case Law You Should Know
This program is designed for attorneys. Insurance professionals, medical professionals and paralegals may also benefit.