Stay Up to Date on the Rules Changes Affecting Aging Clients and Clients with Disabilities
Eligibility criteria and procedures used by the SSA are changing. Do you have the latest information on excluded resources, SSA approval of attorney fees and POMS changes affecting trusts? Get the relevant updates you'll be able to apply in your practice immediately - order today!
- Get the detail on the recent revisions to the impairment listings.
- Clarify procedural updates on evidence submission, applications and appeals.
- Make certain attorney fees get approved by the SSA under the new rule.
- Understand the POMs changes affecting SNTs and ABLE accounts.
1:00 pm to 2:30 pm Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Sara E. Meyers
- Changes to Impairment Listings
- Updates on Excluded Resources
- What's New in Claims Evaluation
- Procedural Updates: Application, Appeals, Briefs, Evidence Submission Changes
- Post-Eligibility Concerns
- New SSA Rule on Getting SSA Approval of Attorney Fees
- POMS Changes Affecting Trusts
- SNTs: Sole Benefit vs. Primary Benefit
- Disbursements (Including Post-Mortem Medicaid Payback)
- Companion Services
- Transfers from an SNT to an ABLE Account
- Are Trust Earnings Income for Eligibility Purposes?
- The Use of Debit Cards with Trusts
This quick update is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit accountants, disability case representatives, elder care specialists, nursing home administrators, paralegals and other professionals assisting aging clients and clients with disabilities.