Get the Latest on Agents' Duties to Customers and Defenses to Claims
What constitutes insurance agent negligence? When do agents or brokers owe customers a higher duty of care? What arguments can they make to escape liability? Get the answers to these questions with an incisive review of the latest court rulings and arguments. Keep your knowledge current to provide clients with up-to-the-minute representation. Order today!
- Know the extent of an agent's duties to clients and what constitutes breach of those duties.
- Anticipate when courts will find an enhanced duty between insurance agent and customer.
- Evaluate the efficacy of different defenses in agent and broker E&O claims.
2:00 pm to 3:30 pm Eastern Standard Time
Moderator: John Faricy Jr.
- The Top Claims Against Insurance Agents and Brokers Right Now
- Defining the Duties of Agents and Brokers Through Case Law
- Duty to Advise, Fiduciary and Special Relationships - When Do They Exist?
- Defenses to Claims - What's Holding Up (and What's Not)
- Contributory Negligence and the Customer's Duty to Read
- When Does the Statute of Limitations Begin to Run?
- Proximate Cause: Notable Arguments and Case Law
- Insurer Liability and Indemnification
- E&O Coverage - Recent Decisions You Should Know
- The Latest Discovery and Evidence Issues
- Current Best Practices for Insurance Producers and Insurers
- On a Side Note: Adjuster Personal Liability and Other Developments
This program is designed for attorneys. Insurance agents, brokers, other insurance professionals and paralegals may also benefit.