Give Your Clients (and Yourself) Peace of Mind
Issues neglected during the real estate closing process can come back to haunt you for years to come. Do you know how to avoid or fix mistakes before they escalate into serious legal problems for your clients? This program will walk you through the real estate closing process with real-world examples of what can go wrong and how to prevent it from happening to you. Protect your clients from hidden risks and unpleasant surprises - order today!
- Avoid litigation and discover how to keep your letter of intent non-binding.
- Unearth hidden property problems that could end up costing clients big money.
- Learn how to spot incorrect or insufficient legal descriptions.
- Ensure that documents in the closing package are complete, consistent and error-free.
- Confirm the authenticity and enforceability of e-signatures and e-contracts.
10:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
- LOI and Purchase and Sale Agreements Gone Wrong
10:00 - 10:45, Douglas M. Bregman
- Letters of Intent - Avoiding Unwanted Consequences
- Purchase and Sale Agreement Pitfalls
- Representations, Warranties and Covenants
- Sample Language and Best Practices
- Case Law Review
- Hidden Title Issues and Other Due Diligence Traps
10:45 - 11:45, Richard J. Fox
- Appraisals - Red Flags
- Title Search, Reports and Insurance Mistakes
- Land Surveys - Issue Spotting
- Inspections and Reports - Key Oversights
- Overlooked Lease Consequences
- Hidden Environmental Liabilities
- Restrictions, Zoning and Land Use Issues
- Deed and Legal Description Mistakes
12:00 - 12:30, Richard J. Fox
- Deed Drafting Errors
- Incorrect and Insufficient Legal Descriptions
- Deeds Not Properly Recorded
- Evaluating the Error - Harmless or Dangerous?
- Corrective Deeds, Affidavits and New Deeds
- Loan and Closing Documents: Omissions, Errors and Inconsistencies
1:00 - 2:15, Richard J. Fox
- Title Documents and the Deed
- Loan Estimate and Closing Disclosure
- Other Loan Documents
- Escrow Statement
- Other Closing Paperwork
- Avoiding Errors with a Complete Closing Checklist
- Cyber Fraud and E-Closing Dangers
2:15 - 2:45, Richard J. Fox
- Cybersecurity and Wire Fraud Threats
- Issues with E-Signatures and E-Contracts
- E-Closings and Remote Online Notarization
- Tax Consequences and 1031 Exchange Pitfalls
2:45 - 3:15, Douglas M. Bregman
- Transfer Taxes
- Bulk Sales
- 1031 Exchanges - Avoiding Tax Blunders
- Troubleshooting Post-Closing Problems
3:30 - 4:00, Nathan G. Osborn
- Legal Ethics
4:00 - 5:00, Nathan G. Osborn
- Conflicts of Interest
- Attorneys' Fees and Trust Accounts
- Client Communications
This program is designed for attorneys. Real estate professionals, title agents and paralegals may also benefit.