BigFix combines endpoint and security management into a single solution that enables users to see and manage fixed, mobile, physical and virtual endpoints on more than 90 different operating system versions. In addition to ensuring that all of a company�sCOURSE OBJECTIVES:
Gain a basic understanding of the BigFix portfolio and architecture
Learn to use and configure the operator Console
Explore and learn to use the BigFix Web User Interface
Create and deploy patches manually and through automation by using policies
Learn about Fixlets, Tasks, and Baselines and when to use them
Learn about Roles and Users
Explore and create Web Reports
- Welcome to the BigFix Family!
- What can BigFix do for you?
- Identifying the BigFix suite components.
- A modular approach to meeting your operational requirements.
- Let�s take a look at the latest and greatest features of BigFix.
- How BigFix works under the covers.
- Message flow - Discovering the flow of how action directives make it to endpoints and back to the BigFix server.
- Let�s discover the console!
- Workflow � Get your work done with the BigFix Console
- Optimizing your BigFix Console experience
- What is the Web UI?
- Navigating the Web UI
- Discovering the Apps menu
- How do I find patches in the Web UI?
- Let�s deploy some patches!
- Looking for something? Let�s learn about Query
- Headaches keeping up with patches? Let�s automate with policies!
- What is content?
- What are Fixlets, Tasks and Baselines and when should I use them?
- Take Action!
- Discovering Analyses and Properties
- How to use custom computer properties to unleash the power of BigFix
- Get organized with Content Sites!
- Learn how to secure your BigFix Environment using Roles and Users
- Minimize administrative overhead using Computer Groups!
- Configure and use web reporting
- How to access the Web Reports Interface
- List and generate existing reports
- Explore and Filter Data
- Create Custom Reports
- Export Report Data
- Schedule Reports to be automatically generated and mailed