The shift from in-person to virtual meetings requires a specific new skill set in order for leaders and participants to have maximum effectiveness.
An effective meeting leader must plan appropriately to keep participants engaged by creating an agenda with clear outcomes. In addition, they must be ready to manage the overall meeting experience and create and maintain a positive, safe atmosphere.
For effective and productive virtual meetings, an understanding of the effect that technology can have (particularly on participants) is also crucial. At the same time, meeting participants must know how to properly engage in the meeting to get their messages across, while maintaining diplomacy and credibility.
This program will equip you with the skills necessary to lead meetings for maximum engagement while creating clarity, purpose and value. You’ll also learn how to effectively participate in meetings, making your voice heard while observing proper virtual etiquette.
A headset with microphone is required to attend and participate in this program. For more information, view the FAQ page.
How You Will Benefit
- Learn best practices and strategies for leading and participating in virtual meetings
- Understand the importance of the participant experience and how to build an optimal virtual meeting environment
- Discover how to devise an effective agenda
- Clearly identify the purpose and desired outcomes of virtual meetings
- Recognize which meetings to attend based on their priorities
- Learn strategies for maximum participant engagement
What You Will Cover
- Effectively engaging, connecting, contributing and collaborating in a meeting
- Exploring different types of meetings
- Creating clear purpose and outcomes
- Learning the significance of agendas
- Prioritizing meetings based on importance and urgency
- Creating an effective meeting atmosphere and experience
- Establishing expectations and rules of engagement during meetings
- Understanding the impact that technology has on meetings
- Best practices for facilitating and participating in virtual meetings
Anyone who needs to effectively engage in virtual meetings as a leader or participant.Cancellation:
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy. For Classroom, Live Online and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks’ notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee. Programs included in AMA OnDemand offerings are not eligible for substitution, transfer, cancellation, return or refund. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Please call us if you have any questions