Effective onboarding programs help new hires feel welcome and excited to start working, even before their first day on the job. But as more people transition to work-from-home positions, managers and human resource departments must creatively approach how they will onboard these new, virtual employees and still make a positive, engaging first impression.
This LIVE, virtual workshop provides the blueprint you need to build and implement a solid virtual onboarding program for a remote-working world — one that incorporates the culture, shows commitment from company leaders and creates a sense of belonging for employees.
Sign up today and discover the essentials of a successful virtual onboarding program. You’ll learn how to develop, implement and schedule a virtual onboarding agenda that ensures employees feel like they're part of the team right away, even if they’re miles apart.
Session 1: Getting Started: Virtual Onboarding Basics
- Describe what a good onboarding program achieve
- How does onboarding differ from orientation?
- Establish best practices for embracing and engaging new hires
- List the characteristics of a successful virtual onboarding experience
- Explore strategies for continuously improving your program
Session 2: Plan and Organize an Effective Virtual Onboarding Program
- Identify what to include in a virtual onboarding program
- Describe how to infuse additional interest into a virtual onboarding program
- Create a schedule and establish a timeline for your program.
- Prevent the common first-day frustrations experienced by remote employees
- How to involve people from all areas of the company in virtual onboarding and why it's important
Session 3: Start New Hires Off the Right Way
- Explain multiple ways to make new employees feel valued
- Describe how to keep new remote employees on track
- Explore ways to make remote employees feel welcomed before their first day
- Learn what strategies help virtual employees move faster toward productivity
- Discuss how to inspire new hires to visualize their future with your company