A Timely Review of Emerging Issues in Bankruptcy
Join our distinguished faculty as they count down the biggest developments to hit bankruptcy in 2020, from federal case law developments to top lessons learned from practicing amid COVID-19. This course will also explore ongoing changes under the FDCPA, small business bankruptcy strategies under the SBRA, and recent rumblings in student loan law. Register today!
- Draw insights from significant federal case law developments.
- Get practical guidance for practicing in the wake of the pandemic.
- Keep your practice up to speed with the latest rule and form changes.
- Explore ongoing rulemaking efforts under the FDCPA.
- Learn what strategies are working - and not working - one year into the SBRA.
- Take a pulse on recent changes in student loan law.
10:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
- Federal Case Law Year in Review - Key Supreme Court & Circuit Decisions
10:00 - 11:30, Tara Gaschler Salinas
- Lessons Learned from the Pandemic: Key Rule Changes, Trends & Practical Guidance
11:45 - 12:45, Cecilia Lee
- Bankruptcy Rule & Form Changes You Need to Know
12:45 - 1:15, Ronald S. Weiss
- What's Going on with the FDCPA? Unpacking the Regulation F Changes
1:45 - 2:45, Cecilia Lee
- Strategies for Small Business Bankruptcies Under the SBRA
2:45 - 3:45, Ronald S. Weiss
- Student Loan Law Today and Tomorrow
4:00 - 4:00, Tara Gaschler Salinas
This program is for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit.