VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) enables you to enhance and extend the capabilities of Microsoft® Excel® and other applications in the Microsoft® Office application suite. You can use VBA to perform tasks that would be difficult or impossible to do usiCOURSE OBJECTIVES:
In this course, you will develop and deploy VBA modules to solve business problems. You will:
Identify general components of VBA and their appropriate use in solving business solutions.
Record VBA macros to automate repetitive tasks.
Use reference tools built into Excel to get help on VBA programming language and objects used in the Excel VBA environment.
Write VBA code to create a custom worksheet function.
Eliminate, avoid, or handle errors in VBA code, and optimize its performance.
Control how and when macros run.
Develop UserForm objects to create custom dialog boxes and windows.
Use VBA to read and write data from local files and cloud services.
Use VBA to clean and transform data.
Run programs and commands outside of Excel and share VBA projects with other users
Using VBA to Solve Business Problems
- Use Macros to Automate Tasks in Excel
- Identify Components of Macro-Enabled Workbooks
- Configure the Excel VBA Environment
Automating Repetitive Tasks
- Use the Macro Recorder to Create a VBA Macro
- Record a Macro with Relative Addressing
- Delete Macros and Modules
- Identify Strategies for Using the Macro Recorder
Getting Help on VBA
- Use VBA Help
- Use the Object Browser to Discover Objects You Can
- Use in VBA
- Use the Immediate Window to Explore Object
- Properties and Methods
Creating Custom Worksheet Functions
- Create a Custom Function
- Make Decisions in Code
- Work with Variables
- Perform Repetitive Tasks
Improving Your VBA Code
- Debug VBA Errors
- Deal with Errors
- Improve Macro Performance
Controlling How and When Macros Run
- Prompt the User for Information
- Configure Macros to Run Automatically
Developing Custom Forms
- Display a Custom Dialog Box
- Program Form Events
Using VBA to Work with Files
- Use VBA to Get File and Directory Structure
- Use VBA to Read Text Files
- Use VBA to Write Text Files
Using VBA to Clean and Transform Data
- Automate Power Query
- Transform Data Using VBA and Workbook Functions
- Use Regular Expressions
- Manage Errors in Data
Extending the Programming Environment Beyond the Workbook
- Run Other Programs and Commands
- Share Your VBA Projects
This course is primarily designed for students who want to gain the skills necessary to use VBA to automate tasks in Excel such as collecting data from external sources, cleaning, and manipulating data. The target student may also want to learn how to create custom worksheet functions to streamline worksheet formulas and make complex worksheets easier to support, maintain, and understand.