Detect and Prevent FMLA Abuse Within Your Company
The purpose of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is to allow employees to take unpaid time off for family and medical purposes. However, what happens when employees abuse these rights? With the number of employees requesting FMLA leave on the rise, you need to ensure employers recognize their legal obligations to inform employees of their rights as well as when to question the validity of those requests. Determine when it's appropriate to request medical certification or recertification, discover how to conduct an effective investigation into FMLA leave and delve into case studies on FMLA abuse to apply this information to real-life scenarios. Mitigate legal risks and protect employers - register today!
- Familiarize yourself with some of the red flags of FMLA abuse.
- Improve your understanding of what information employers need to provide employees with regarding certification requests.
- Uncover ways to address intermittent leave issues.
- Keep up to date on best practices for FMLA abuse documentation.
- Determine the policies and procedures you need in place to prevent FMLA abuse.
- Analyze case studies on FMLA abuse.
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Charles J. Mataya
- Spotting Signs and Patterns of FMLA Abuse
- Employers' Legal Options; Certification and Recertification Essentials
- Drilling Down on Intermittent Leave Issues
- Investigating and Documenting Potential FMLA Abuse
- Key Policies and Procedures
- Case Studies
This program is designed for attorneys. Accountants, human resource professionals and paralegals may also benefit.