Protect Your Client's Interests During Bankruptcy
Enhancing your knowledge of lien avoidance and lien stripping will enable you to get the best possible outcomes for your clients in bankruptcy. Do you have a firm grasp of the debtor's lien stripping capabilities and the trustee's avoidance powers? This essential program will teach you the nuts and bolts of dealing with liens in bankruptcy cases. Register today!
- Learn how the lien stripping process works and when to consider this option for relief.
- Explore seminal case law, recent developments and trends.
- Get practical guidance for shifting strategies based on the type of bankruptcy at hand.
- Discover litigation issues that arise in lien stripping cases.
2:00 pm to 5:15 pm Eastern Standard Time
Break 3:15 - 3:30
2:00 - 3:15, Ronald S. Weiss
- Lien Stripping: A Brief Overview of the Process
- When to Strip Liens
- How Bankruptcy Rules Affect Liens
- Chapter 13 Overview
- Seminal Decisions on Lien Stripping in Chapter 7
- Implications for Chapter 13?
- Implications for Chapter 11?
3:30 - 5:15, Keith Levy
- Treatment of Liens and Lien Stripping/Avoidance
- Strategies Between Chapters
- Availability of "Chapter 20" Relief
- Recent Case Law, Trends and Developments
- Litigation Issues That Arise in Lien Stripping/Lien Avoidance Cases
This course is designed for attorneys. Bankers and paralegals will also benefit.