How to Identify and Overcome Thorny FMLA Issues
Many employers and attorneys struggle to grasp the ins and outs of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). However, most FMLA mistakes are easy to prevent with proper training, sound policies and a firm understanding of applicable law. This course investigates the most common FMLA problems as well as solutions for each one. Learn what you need to know to spot and avoid these top legal pitfalls - register today!
- Discover the biggest misconceptions about FMLA eligibility.
- Learn how to avoid common hour-tracking, notification and designation notice mistakes.
- Overcome common blunders surrounding expanded leave.
- Learn how to navigate intermittent leave complexities.
- Learn how to investigate and address potential FMLA fraud.
- Examine the intersection between the FMLA and the ADA.
- Scrutinize policies for legal pitfalls.
- Get practical strategies for avoiding common recordkeeping mistakes.
- Stay on top of recent legal developments related to the FMLA.
2:00 pm - 5:15 pm Eastern Standard Time
Break 3:30 - 3:45
2:00 - 3:30, J. Gregory Grisham
- Top FMLA Eligibility Misconceptions
- Common Hour-Tracking Mistakes
- Dropping the Ball on Notification Requirements
- Expanded Leave & State Law Misconceptions
- Designation Notices That Do More Harm Than Good
- Letting FMLA Fraud Go Unanswered
3:45 - 5:15, Cindy Cole Ettingoff
- Stumbling Over Intermittent Leave
- Not Understanding the Intersection of ADA & FMLA
- Insufficient Policies (Sample Policy Walkthrough)
- Lackluster Recordkeeping
- Not Staying Up to Date with the Latest Legal Developments
- Bonus: FMLA Compliance Checklist
This program is designed for attorneys. HR managers, accountants and paralegals may also benefit.