Drafting Techniques, Essential Case Law and Enforceability Traps
This in-the-weeds drafting course will show you how to draft effective non-compete and non-solicitation agreements. Many employers rely on these restrictive covenants to minimize the risks of a former employee sharing confidential information, knowledge, client information or business strategies with competitors. For unwary counsel or HR professionals, there is no shortage of enforceability pitfalls stemming from, among other things, insufficient consideration, adopting a one-size-fits-all approach, or creating unduly restrictions.
This course will cover top enforceability mistakes, step-by-step drafting advice, state-by-state legal variations, key case law developments, and tips for global employers. Don't miss this opportunity to learn how to put teeth in your non-compete and non-solicitation agreements - register today!
- Learn how to anticipate and avoid 10 common mistakes that can leave your agreements unenforceable.
- Get practical guidance for drafting key provisions in non-compete and non-solicitation agreements.
- Discover important state-by-state considerations and recent case law developments.
- Get strategies for protecting multi-state and global employers.
11:00 am to 2:15 pm Eastern Standard Time
Break 12:30 - 12:45
- Top 10 Mistakes that Lead to Unenforceability
11:00 - 11:45, Daniel S. Welytok
- How to Draft Non-Compete and Non-Solicitation Provisions (Sample Agreement Walkthrough)
11:45 - 12:30, Daniel S. Welytok
- State-by-State Legal Variations
12:45 - 1:15, Michael Haeberle
- Seminal Case Law; Recent Developments
1:15 - 1:45, Michael Haeberle
- Top Tips for Multi-State & Global Employers
1:45 - 2:15, Michael Haeberle
This program is designed for attorneys. HR professionals, company executives, accountants and paralegals may also benefit.