Stay Compliant with the New DOL Regulations
The Department of Labor recently announced a new final rule updating the definition of "joint employer" under the Fair Labor Standards Act, the first major change to the rule in several decades. Are you prepared to help your business clients navigate the new rule and avoid costly FLSA wage and hour violations? This focused program will bring you up to speed. Learn what has changed in the new rule, explore the four-part balancing test, and understand how to apply it when making joint employment determinations. Be prepared when the final rule goes into effect - order today!
- Learn how to apply the new four-part balancing test.
- Know what factors can and cannot be used to determine joint employer status under the new rule.
- Examine the impact on existing joint employment arrangements-are they still compliant?
- Obtain best practices and practical tips to help business clients navigate the new rule.
Session time: 2:00 - 3:30 PM Eastern
Presenters: Julie A. Pace and David A. Selden
- Overview of the New Final Rule: Background, Purpose and Essential Elements
- Evaluating the New Four-Part Balancing Test
- Clarifying How to Determine Joint Employer Status Under the New Rule
- Examining the Impact on Franchise Businesses
- Applying the New Rule to Various Real-World Scenarios
- Reviewing Joint Employment Arrangements in Light of the New Rule
- NLRB and EEOC Considerations: A Look Ahead
- Key Takeaways for Businesses
This program is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit human resource managers, accountants, accounting/payroll personnel, and paralegals.