Essential Strategies for Getting to a Fresh Start
Taking a bankruptcy case from initial consultation to discharge will test your financial, legal, and client management skills. Join our distinguished faculty as they walk you through the key stages of individual bankruptcy proceedings. Get practical guidance on bankruptcy types, financial review, petitions, trustee and creditor involvement, and the major steps in the individual bankruptcy process. Order today!
- Explore the different types of individual bankruptcies.
- Get tactics for intake, client management, financial review and eligibility determinations.
- Learn how to handle filings, 341 meetings of creditors and reorganization plans.
- Discover the effects of automatic stay and discharge.
1:00 - 2:30 PM Eastern, Scott W. Hyder
- Preliminary Considerations
- Overview and Bankruptcy Types
- Intake, Credit Counseling and Client Management Tips
- Financial Review and Eligibility
- Case Commencement
- The Property of the Estate and Exemptions
2:45 - 4:15 PM Eastern, Cecilia Lee
- Key Stages and Core Concepts
- What's the Trustee's Role?
- Meeting of Creditors and Claims
- Effects of Automatic Stay
- Reorganization/Repayment Plans
- Effects of Discharge
This course is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit.