VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) enables you to enhance and extend the capabilities of Microsoft® Excel® and other applications in the Microsoft® Office application suite. You can use VBA to perform tasks that would be difficult or impossible to do usiCOURSE OBJECTIVES:
In this course, you will develop and deploy VBA modules to solve business problems. You will:
Identify general components of VBA and their appropriate use in solving business solutions.
Record VBA macros to automate repetitive tasks.
Write VBA code to create VBA subroutines and functions.
Use various programming elements to solve problems through code, including variables,objects, conditional statements, and loops.
Eliminate, avoid, or handle errors in VBA code, and optimize its performance.
Using VBA to Solve Business Problems
- Use Macros to Automate Tasks in Excel
- Identify Components of Macro-Enabled Workbooks
- Configure the Excel VBA Environment
Recording a Macro
- Use the Macro Recorder to Create a VBA Macro
- Record a Macro with Relative Addressing
- Delete Macros and Modules
- Identify Strategies for Using the Macro Recorder
Writing VBA Code Directly
- Write VBA Code
- Discover Objects You Can Use
- Create a Custom Function
Solving Problems through Code
- Make Decisions in Code
- Work with Variables
- Perform Repetitive Tasks
Improving Your VBA Code
- Debug VBA Errors
- Deal with Errors
- Improve Macro Performance
Controlling How and When Macros Run
- Prompt the User for Information
- Configure Macros to Run Automatically
This course is primarily designed for students who want to gain the skills necessary to use VBA to automate tasks in Excel such as collecting data from external sources, cleaning, and manipulating data. The target student may also want to learn how to create custom worksheet functions to streamline worksheet formulas and make complex worksheets easier to support, maintain, and understand.