As technology progresses and becomes more interwoven with our businesses and lives, more data is collected about business and personal activities. This era of 'big data' is a direct result of the popularity and growth of cloud computing, which provides anCOURSE OBJECTIVES:
In this course, you will analyze data with Microsoft Power BI. You will:
Analyze data with self-service BI.
Connect to data sources.
Perform data cleaning, profiling, and shaping.
Visualize data with Power BI.
Enhance data analysis by adding and customizing visual elements.
Model data with calculations.
Create interactive visualizations.
Analyzing Data with Self-Service BI
- Data Analysis and Visualization for Business
- Self-Service BI with Microsoft Power BI
Connecting to Data Sources
- Create Data Connections
- Configure and Manage Data Relationships
- Save Files in Power BI
Performing Data Cleaning, Profiling, and Shaping
- Clean, Transform, and Load Data with the Query Editor
- Profile Data with the Query Editor
- Shape Data with the Query Editor
- Combine and Manage Data Rows
Visualizing Data with Power BI
- Create Visualizations in Power BI
- Chart Data in Power BI
Enhancing Data Analysis
- Customize Visuals and Pages
- Incorporate Tooltips
Modeling Data with Calculations
- Create Calculations with Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Create Calculated Measures and Conditional Columns
Creating Interactive Visualizations
- Create and Manage Data Hierarchies
- Filter and Slice Reports
- Create Dashboards
This course is designed for professionals in a variety of job roles who are currently using desktop or web-based data management tools such as Microsoft Excel® or SQL Server® reporting services to perform numerical or general data analysis. They are responsible for connecting to cloud-based data sources, as well as shaping and combining data for the purpose of analysis. They are also looking for alternative ways to analyze business data, visualize insights, and share those insights with peers across the enterprise. This includes capturing and reporting on data to peers, executives, and clients.