As an employee, it is important for you to act respectfully toward all your coworkers, whether they're located in the next office or on the other side of the globe. This course explains the benefits to everyone of supporting a respectful workplace and illustrates basic principles for promoting professional interaction in the workplace. Please note that the course content is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Nothing in the course materials shall be construed as professional advice as to any particular situation or constitute a legal opinion with respect to compliance with any jurisdiction’s laws. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt does not establish, an attorney-client relationship. Users should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel licensed in their jurisdiction.
- Recognize your duty as an employee to treat your coworkers with respect
- Recognize the principles of respectful behavior in the workplace
- Recognize situations that may give rise to inappropriate behavior
- Recognize the principles of respect to avoid unacceptable social behaviors in the workplace
- Recognize the benefits of treating people with respect at work
- Choose to act respectfully when interacting with others
- Demonstrate respect towards your colleagues in the workplace