Real estate due diligence requires an eye for detail and a solid understanding of various third-party reports. Do you know what issues to look for and what to do when you find them? Our experienced faculty will show you how to read and review title reports, surveys, appraisal reports, environmental reports, and more. Reveal and deal with issues before, not after the closing - register today!
- Learn what you should look for in each key part of the title commitment.
- Use real property surveys to unearth easements, encroachments, and other potential issues.
- Discover how to make sense of engineering, zoning, and environmental reports.
- Find out how to read an appraisal report and spot red flags.
All times are shown in Eastern time.
Title Search and the Title Commitment2:00 - 2:45, Duane H. Wunsch
- Title Search and Examination Insights
- How to Review Title Reports and Title Commitments
- Removing Title Exceptions
- Title Insurance Endorsements
Survey Review Insights2:45 - 3:30, Duane H. Wunsch
- ALTA/NSPS Requirements
- How to Read Surveys and What to Look for
- Cross-Reading the Title Report and Survey
- Survey Reading by the Title Company
- Resolving Common Issues
Engineering, Zoning, and Environmental Reports3:45 - 4:30, Jack R. Luellen
- Building/Engineering Reports
- Property Condition Assessment and Report
- Phase I and Phase II Environmental Reports
- Zoning Compliance Reports
The Appraisal and Other Financial Due Diligence4:30 - 5:15, Jack R. Luellen