If owning a home is the American dream, then losing it through foreclosure is the American nightmare. Learn how to make the foreclosure process as smooth as possible for your clients by taking a walk through the legal procedures. In this course, you'll gain hands-on experience of the entire real property foreclosure process with step-by-step example documentation. Don't miss this opportunity to build your skills. Register today!
- Avoid legal missteps during the foreclosure process by staying up to date on foreclosure and bankruptcy legislation and case law.
- Discover effective strategies to avoid lengthy foreclosure action and let your clients get on with their lives as soon as possible.
- Gain insight on legally required notices, deficiency bids and distribution of proceeds.
- Learn best practices for handling the post-foreclosure complications of deficiency judgments, sales pendente lite and tenant eviction.
- Find out what red flags to watch for during the foreclosure process and how to successfully "head them off at the pass."
- Study the alternatives to foreclosure in depth, so you can advise your clients on their loan default options.
- Stay up to date on the current issues affecting the mortgage industry.
All times are shown in Mountain time.
Foreclosure: An In-Depth Walk-Through With Legal Considerations9:00 - 10:15, James Patten, Molly Considine
- Pre-Foreclosure Process and Documents
- The Foreclosure Sale: Notices, Procedure and Documents
- Post-Foreclosure: Wrap-Up, Deficiency, Eviction and Other Legal Issues
- Keys to Spotting and Handling Issues That Typically Pop Up
- Insider Tips for a Smooth Foreclosure
Alternatives to Foreclosure: Step-By-Step Procedure and Legal Issues10:30 - 11:45, James Patten, Molly Considine
- Reinstatement, Forbearance and Repayment Plans
- Mortgage Modification
- Partial Claim
- Sale, Pre-Foreclosure Sale or Short Payoff
- Assumption by Qualified Buyer
- Deed-in-Lieu of Foreclosure
Update: Case Law and Recent Developments12:45 - 2:00, James Patten, Molly Considine
How Bankruptcy Changes the Landscape2:15 - 3:30, James Patten, Molly Considine
- The Automatic Stay
- Chapter 7 and 13 Basics
- Post-Foreclosure Sale Bankruptcy Filings
- Protecting the Creditor's Position
- Noteworthy Foreclosure Litigation
Ethics in Foreclosure3:30 - 4:30, James Patten, Molly Considine
- Attorney's Affirmative Duties in Foreclosure
- Conflicts of Interest
- Description of Property in Foreclosure Sale Advertising
- Wrongful Foreclosure, Abuse of Process and Frivolous Litigation