''This course covers the numerous tasks and procedures that must be completed whenever an employee terminates.
This course includes details on pre- and post-termination responsibilities, the various labor and benefit laws such as COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, USERRA, and Cafeteria Plans, and the requirements for distributing retirement plan funds.
Among other things, this course examines:
- How terminations affect a covered or participating individual’s benefits
- Which benefits must be continued, stopped, or distributed upon termination
- How leaves can be a precursor to terminations, and what employers need to consider with regard to terminations and the various leave laws
- Special Medicare, HIPAA, and USERRA requirements
- How and when to offer COBRA
- How to distribute retirement plan funds after a termination
- How to handle exit interviews, reference checks, and other termination-related issues
The Program also includes an optional test for those who wish to earn a Certified Employment Closure Administrator designation. This Program also qualifies for eight hours of PHR and SPHR re-certification credits!