Students Will Learn:
- Architecture and core features of SQL Server 2014
- Installing and configuring SQL Server 2014
- Using the SQL Server client tools to manage and configure SQL Server
- Using Policy-Based Management to configure SQL Server
- Designing databases and managing and file storage
- Configuring security in SQL Server
- Backing up and restoring databases
- Transfering data into and out of SQL Server
- Ensuring data integrity and quality
- Replicating data using SQL Server replication
- Automating common administrative tasks
- Creating full text indexes and queries
- Monitoring events and data changes on a SQL Server
- Monitoring and optimizing performance of a SQL Server
- Implementing high availability technologies
- Managing multiple SQL Server instances using central management
This class consists of five days of hands-on training that focus on
the fundamentals of administering the SQL Server 2014 database engine.
Participants in this course will come away with the knowledge and
experience required to administer SQL Server 2014. The course focuses on
performing common administrative tasks, understanding how SQL Server
works under the covers, and optimizing SQL Server performance as well as
assuring high data availability. You will learn how to install,
configure, manage, secure, automate, monitor, and optimize SQL Server
2014. You will also learn how to create, manage, back up, and restore
individual databases, transfer and replicate data, configure for high
availability, and plan disaster recovery.
Emphasis is placed on how SQL Server 2014 is architected, so that you
will be able to make the proper decisions in configuring and managing
your SQL Server instances. Comprehensive hands on exercises are
integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
50% of the class is focused on hands-on lab exercises.
Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive for examples and lab work.
Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class.
Students can retake any portion of a class that has been completed, within 12 months at no extra cost.