All HOTT courses are available face-to-face, remote-live, on-demand or on site at your facility. This class consists of five days of hands-on training that focus on the fundamentals of administering the SQL Server 2014 database engine. Participants in this course will come away with the knowledge and experience required to administer SQL Server 2014. The course focuses on performing common administrative tasks, understanding how SQL Server works under the covers, and optimizing SQL Server performance as well as assuring high data availability. You will learn how to install, configure, manage, secure, automate, monitor, and optimize SQL Server 2014. You will also learn how to create, manage, back up, and restore individual databases, transfer and replicate data, configure for high availability, and plan disaster recovery.
Emphasis is placed on how SQL Server 2014 is architected, so that you will be able to make the proper decisions in configuring and managing your SQL Server instances. Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
Students Will Learn:
- Architecture and core features of SQL Server 2014
- Installing and configuring SQL Server 2014
- Using the SQL Server client tools to manage and configure SQL Server
- Using Policy-Based Management to configure SQL Server
- Designing databases and managing and file storage
- Configuring security in SQL Server
- Backing up and restoring databases
- Transferring data into and out of SQL Server
- Ensuring data integrity and quality
- Replicating data using SQL Server replication
- Automating common administrative tasks
- Creating full text indexes and queries
- Monitoring events and data changes on a SQL Server
- Monitoring and optimizing performance of a SQL Server
- Implementing high availability technologies
- Managing multiple SQL Server instances using central management
- Creating a high availability solution
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive for examples and lab work
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- After completion of a course, students can retake any portion of that class within 12 months at no extra cost
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
Familiarity with database concepts, Windows desktop navigation and software installation techniques. Attendance at HOTT's SQL Programming
course or Microsoft Transact-SQL Programming
course is highly recommended although not required.
50% of the class is focused on hands-on lab exercises.
Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive for examples and lab work.
Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class.
Students can retake any portion of a class that has been completed, within 12 months at no extra cost.