Do you know what the eight parts of speech are? Such a question probably brings back memories of dull grammar lessons in elementary school, where you first heard the term parts of speech. What's the point of learning these now? Being reminded of the functions of different parts of speech can help you write with more confidence. The parts of speech are the building blocks of sentences, so finding out about them can help you skillfully combine words into meaningful sentences.
This course defines the functions of the eight parts of speech: nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives, prepositions, interjections, and conjunctions. In particular, it focuses on how to use them effectively, and correctly. And it provides special focus on nouns, adverbs, adjectives, and verbs, including verb tenses. When you have finished the course, you'll have the necessary building blocks to develop your writing skills.Learning Objectives
- Recognize the parts of speech in given sentences
- Recognize the correct use of nouns in given sentences
- Recognize the correct use of adjectives and adverbs in given sentences
- Recognize the voice and mood of given verbs
- Match the sentences with the verb tenses they contain