Current business trends--including acquisitions and reorganizations, emerging technology needs, and a changing work force--are all creating unique mentoring needs. This course addresses how mentoring strategies can benefit your organization in the current business climate. It explores the ways that mentoring can capitalize on gender, age, and cultural issues. Finally, it provides instruction on assessing mentoring needs within your organization.Learning Objectives
- Recognize the importance of mentoring in light of new business trends.
- Identify ways that mentoring can meet needs caused by recent changes in organizational structures.
- Select examples of how mentoring helps employees develop skills that are currently in high demand.
- Select examples of how mentoring can be used to address issues in today's work force.
- Recognize benefits of mentoring to organizations in the current business climate.
- Select ways that mentoring benefits participants.
- Identify ways mentoring improves communication.
- Use mentoring to improve recruitment and retention in a business scenario.
- Recognize the importance of addressing gender, age, and cultural issues in mentoring.
- Identify ways that gender issues can be addressed through mentoring.
- Apply mentoring solutions to age issues in a given scenario.
- Select mentoring strategies that improve cross-cultural interactions.
- Recognize the value of assessing organizational needs before implementing a mentoring program.
- Select strategies for using mentoring in succession planning.
- Select strategies to determine how mentoring can help meet professional development needs.
- Assess commitment to, capacity for, and interest in mentoring within an organization in a business scenario.
Managers, supervisors, team leaders, middle managers, entry-level employees