Rapid changes in the way organizations look and do business have generated a new business tool: e-Mentoring. Here's an opportunity to examine the challenges and advantages of e-Mentoring and explore how to adapt communication skills to electronic media. Learn how to grow and manage e-Mentoring relationships by effectively selecting and matching e-Mentors and protégés, developing trust, using technology effectively, setting expectations, providing feedback, and addressing traditional mentoring challenges within an electronic environment.Learning Objectives
- Recognize the importance of using e-Mentoring to address current business trends.
- Identify tools of e-Mentoring.
- Identify benefits of e-Mentoring.
- Identify challenges of e-Mentoring.
- Determine when to use appropriate strategies to overcome specific e-Mentoring challenges in business scenarios.
- Identify strategies to overcome challenges of e-Mentoring.
- Recognize the importance of organizing an e-Mentoring program.
- Identify techniques that can help companies prepare for e-Mentoring.
- Match tools for e-Mentoring to the needs of the company and the participants.
- Analyze a scenario to determine whether the best strategies were used for establishing e-Mentoring.
- Recognize the value of building a successful companywide e-Mentoring program.
- Select methods managers and coordinators can use to make e-Mentoring a success.
- Select steps mentors and protégés should take to make e-Mentoring work.
- Apply strategies to maintain e-Mentoring relationships in given business scenarios.
Managers, supervisors, team leaders, middle managers, entry-level employees